Dog-sledding on Baikal 2 days
Duration: 2 days
January - April;
Day 1. Dog-sledding Listvyanka - Dark valley. (20 km).
Day 2. Dog-sledding to Listvyanka. (20 km).
Dog-sledding Listvyanka - Dark valley
This is an independend tour. It has no guide. It starts on the second part of the day, thus you have free time on your own to visit Baikal museum, central fish market or any sightseeing in Listvyanka by your own. If you need our assistance with transfer, program or guide, please, let us know.15.30 - The trip starts in Listvyanka village, from the dog-sledding center.
After you arrive to Listvyanka to Baikal Dog-sledding center, our instructor will tell you about the huskies' character, teach you to hitch dogs up correctly and to ride the sled. You’ll see how friendly the dogs are you are sure to find common language with this most devoted and most ancient man's friend! Dog sled riding is not difficult, but requires some training. After everything is ready and your luggage is loaded we’ll start the trip.16.00 - Start of the trip. The trip begins in Listvyanka village and you’ll go for about 20 km to Chernaya (Black) valley. The route starts along a river valley and down to the ice of Baikal lake.
18.00 - Arrival to Dark valley. Accommodation in wooden cabin. (Toilet outside, no shower, stove for heating).
After arrival we’ll set up a camp for dogs and you’ll have rest at “Prospectors’ Retreat Lodge”.19.30 - Dinner. Overnight.
Dog-sledding to Listvyanka
10.00 - Packing our backpacks and start the way back.
Today you are more experienced and more confident in controlling the dog-sled. The way back to Listvyanka you will ride on ice of Baikal. Baikal may be generous to you and greet you with wind in the same direction or show you how severe it can be trying to bite you with the frosty wind.12.00 - Returning back to Listvyanka.
- With unexpected force-major circumstances the route may be changed, but the distance will stay the same.
- All the participants take active part in the tour (setting the dog-sled, camping, feeding dogs, watching over the sled while traveling…)
- All the participants follow instructions of the team members during the trip.
-The distances may shorter/ longer due to ice regime of the lake. Ice cracks, fresh water, hummocked ice fields may change our way.
- Maxumim group size is 4 people. If there are more participants, they may go by snowmobiles (must be agreed beforehand).
- For long expeditions double sledge is used.
- Don’t forget to take warm clothes during your trip, warm shoes, gloves, sun-cream and glasses.
- If you are a vegetarian, or have any food preferences, please, let us know in advance.
|Group Size, people||Tour price per person, EURO|
Tour price includes:
- Accommodation in guest houses
- All fees for visiting national park zones
- Instructor's service
- Meals during the tour
Tour price doesn’t include extra services:
- Bank transfer fees
- Banya in Bolshiye Koty
- English-speaking guide service
- Extra services not mentioned in the programme
Our guests about this tour:
Thomas, Dresden / Germany
Jun 26, 2011
Hi Svetlana, nice to be the first here on your site. Unfortunately the next time for you will not be perfect for big trips:-) but i wish you all the best for this new "task"! And i hope to come back to your region and have some more amazing and funny trips with you. Also i wish all your other customers happy travellings with you. best regards Thomas.